Wednesday, January 9, 2013

When you need a snack...feed the ducks.

Today's adventure was feeding ducks.  This has been a favorite of ours for a long time.  Bunny calls them to her like they are puppies.  I started taking Bunny to this pond when she was about 14 months old.  From that day on she has loved the ducks!  Today one actually nibbled her a bit.  She just looked at me and said..."one does ducks ate me a wittle bit" in her sweet voice.  






Despite what this picture looks like this is indeed a happy face.  You tell this boy to say "cheese" sometimes and he turns those eyebrows up and looks at you like you are out of your mind.  Then sometimes he does this...


And Bunny gives her same sweet smile.  Sometimes it is in the direction of the camera.  Sometimes she just goes about doing what she is doing and still smiles big and still says "cheese.  : )



 On a related note...Little Man was fed by the end of the trip too.  I think he might have fed himself more than the ducks.  He would always put the piece of bread up to his mouth and say "Maa" (He only says "Mommy" if he is being super sweet) really loud and look at me as if to say "can I eat a bite?".  It was the funniest thing!




 When I asked Bunny which one of the ducks were her favorite she said "the ones with the curly hair". Not sure if you can tell much from this picture but some of them have a little puff of hair on the top of their head.  She called it their curly hair.  So funny how kids look at things.


As we were leaving I asked Little Man if he wanted to jump to me.  When he jumped ALL of the ducks went flying into the water.  It was like being at the park when pigeons fly away.  Bunny and I just looked at each other.  I said "that was cool!".  She looked at me wide eyed and said "yeah".  Then she yelled to the ducks "ducks, that was cool!!!".  She saw another duck that was running to the water and said "that was cool, duck!".  She wanted to make sure He knew.  So cute!  Fun times.

No comments:

Post a Comment