Friday, January 11, 2013

How many nap times does it take?

I'm not sure about some of you guys but when I think of doing a project (which I do a lot of) I start thinking about how many nap times it will take me to complete it.  Not hours, not days but nap times.  Because for the most part that is the only time I have to work on those projects.  With that being said I thought I would tell you about a project I finished yesterday instead of telling you the details behind us staying at home all day playing and washing clothes. You can thank me later.  : )

In August Bunny began saying she wanted a big bed.  She was still in her toddler bed that was a convertible version of her crib.  So...I began looking around and thinking about getting her a big bed.  The more I thought about it the more I thought I would love for her to have an upholstered headboard.  The more I looked into purchasing a custom upholstered headboard the more I found out it was going to be pretty expensive.  So...What did I do?  I decided to make one myself.  Here is the finished product...


She has a cute comforter (and a beautiful dust ruffle and pillows, thanks to her Grandy) on it now.  The one in this picture is all I had at the time.  It only took a couple of nap times to complete.  ANYWAY...

The picture below is part of the MDF board that was left over from making Bunny's headboard.  I kept thinking about what I could do with it.  And since I love all the family rules pictures I have seen on Pinterest.  I decided to make my own!  


I decided what I wanted it to say.  I printed everything out in different fonts, used carbon paper to transfer it to the painted board and painted it in.  No, I haven't been working on it since I completed Bunny's bed but it did take a while to complete. Not sure how many nap times it took.  But it is done none the less.

Now...I have to decide where to hang it.  Any suggestions?  Happy Friday all!

No comments:

Post a Comment