Sunday, January 20, 2013

Every day a race day






The second sentence of Hebrews 12:1 says "And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us." Race Day was great!  I LOVE race day!  I felt like A, J and I had all done what we could to prepare for this race.  We had logged our miles all while laughing and talking.  We woke up EARLY week after week to meet and run.  All that said, I wasn't nervous, I was excited that race day was finally here!  Our goal was to finish in under 2 hours.  I knew that race day always brings about a faster start but normally tapers off.  And we did begin at a faster pace.  8:45 min. miles, then we got faster the next two miles.  And you know what? We kept that pace the WHOLE race.  All 13 miles of it!  Our average pace was 8:37 for the whole race.  I was blown away!

My sweet Husband got the kids dressed and fed and to the race.  The kids had sweet signs that they made with lots of help from Daddy Dearest!  My sweet in-laws were there too!  They had all made their way to the finish line.  It was amazing that when I saw them all I slowed down.  Even though I was 20 feet from the finish line.  I was so happy they were all there.  Here I am approaching the finish line...


Here are the signs the kids made...











 But I saw all of this right after I saw 2 of our SWEET (and Hot Momma's themselves) friends, H and L right before we reached mile 13 holding these signs...


I always say what wonderful women I have as friends.  Some live in the same town as me and some don't.  THESE two girls are the cream of the crop!!!  They came out in the COLD and waited and waited for us to get to the end of the race so they could cheer us on.  I can honestly say it brought tears to my eyes that they did that.  They really gave me the last little umpth I needed!!!  Thank you sweet friends for making J and I feel so extremely special!!!!

I even received a call from my Australian friend, Stacey!!!  She saw that I had run the race on Facebook and called to tell me that she was so proud of me!  Thanks sweet friend!!!  I was blown away and humbled that she would call me from so far away (and so early in the morning) to tell me that!

Here Daddy Dearest and I after...


 And here they are...
These two girls are great!  I could say so much more but then I would be making this post A LOT longer than it will be already.  I have to say I don't think I would have done this race alone.  The time that I have been able to spend with J.  And getting to know A has been great!  I am so thankful for them both!  A side note here...J is a personal trainer and fitness instructor at a gym in town.  Not only was she running but she was teaching numerous classes, instructing clients, running with me and taking care of her 4 children!  The girl is AMAZING!



Since I didn't really feel like eating a donut after the race, Bunny ate it for me.  With no complaints I might add.


 All in all, I was thrilled with the race.  We had a goal.  We did all we could to meet that goal.  And we did.  We even exceeded it.  I couldn't have asked for better or sweeter friends to do it with!  Now...back to my every day race...





No comments:

Post a Comment