A little back story...I don't know what it is but our little family (or maybe it's just me) loves some trees. Not in a Tree-Hugger kind of way but we seem to mark important events with trees. It started when Daddy Dearest and I carved our initials in a tree on the first job he completed as a business owner. We have done that at every job when it is completed except the last two that were just recently finished. I mean, who hasn't wanted to carve their initials in a tree? Anyway...When Bunny turned one we planted a Ginkgo tree at Grandy & Papa's house. Every year on her birthday (or as you can see, soon after) we get a picture of her standing next to her tree. Of course we do this with Little Man too but His tree is at our house. And interesting enough, His tree is actually a part of Bunny's tree that broke off but lived! All of that to say...I took Little Man's Year Two picture with his tree this weekend. Last year He wouldn't stand up next to it much less smile...
This year He is smiling so big!!!
To see all of His smiley pictures you wouldn't think this boy would know how to frown when a camera is in his face. But, boy does he ever! He just has this look on his face like..."Why on EARTH did you take me away from my warm house and cartoons and bring me HERE!!!?!!!" As my Mother-in-Law reminded me...He didn't have a cup of coffee that morning like everyone else that was there. : ) He is so funny! I will make the face right back to him and he will start smiling. The boy can't stay mad. What a golden characteristic to have!





No comments:
Post a Comment