Sooooo...our sermon this morning at church was about being humble. The scripture that our Pastor used was 1 Peter 5:5b-7. I just thought I would share a little bit of it with you because it has really been on my mind since church. And because we have been super boring today with nothing else going on.
5 (b) "All of you, clothe yourselves with humility toward one another, because "God opposes the proud but shows favor to the humble." 6 Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. 7 Cast all your anxiety on Him because he cares for you.
Talk about getting some Humble Pie. We did this morning. It is amazing to think that we as humans have such a hard time with this (myself included) but Jesus, who was the Son of God, did it so willingly even to the point of death on the cross. I will be the first one to tell you that I am so thankful that God is still working on me. It gives me hope when I mess up time after time. While He is doing so, I am so thankful I have the example of Jesus Christ to ATTEMPT to follow each and every second. Now, please excuse me. I must get back to my Humble Pie.
No comments:
Post a Comment