Saturday, March 12, 2011

What's in a name?

That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet...

In all of my changes I have been thinking about our blog names and how they do not "go" with the Diaper Duty title or go together at all, they are all just random.  Unlike the GREAT "storm" that is The HudSON'S and One Pretty Princess.  This is a great (and extremely witty) friend of mine.  If you haven't read her blog, you NEED to!  It is HILARIOUS!!!!  All of her kids have names that go with "The Storm" theme. 

I will be the first to tell you that I have my moments of wittiness but they are few and far between.  So coming up with names to replace actual names on our blog is NOT a strong point.  I wish I were witty enough to come up with something that "jives".  But something about referring to my kids as "Huggies", "Pampers" "Diaper Rash" or "Wipes" doesn't really appeal to me at all. 

To explain our current names (yes, they could change) a bit...Runnin' Mommy I came up with (I say that like it was some great idea and it isn't) because not only do I enjoy running but I am also running CRAZY to keep up with these kids of mine.  Daddy Dearest (again, not so witty) is just very dear to me.  Now...Bunny does actually have a bit of a story.  Before and even after she was born, Bunny was given a lot of things (clothes, stuffed animals, etc.) that had bunnies on it.  I really do call her "Bunny" at home.  Likewise Little Man had many things given to him that had Lambs on it.  Honestly though, I can't come up with anything that sounds cute with lamb in the name.  Little Lamb, Lamby, etc.  Nothing really sounds good to me.  So...there you have it...none of it really jives well right now.  I am open to suggestions though!  If any of you witty people out there have name suggestions, PLEASE help me out and throw them my way!  But for now...I guess we will keep it as is.  Maybe I should just rename the blog (yes, AGAIN) to Random House.  That is what it feel like with all these random names. 

But alas...would a rose by any other name not smell as sweet?

1 comment:

  1. Awww, thanks for the shout out!! I'm just now catching up on my blog stalking (waay behind). I LOVE your new look! It's super cute. And you ARE too creative and witty!! I sure do love you!! And those precious babies!!

    ReplyDelete