Friday, September 23, 2011

Picture of the Week, 9/23/11

Well...Shock of all shocks, I am actually getting the Picture of the Week post done ON Friday!  It has been a few weeks since the last one but if you had teething (both kids), potty training (Bunny), Hand, Foot, Mouth (I think we all had this one), football games, friends visiting and only a few hours of nap time to get laundry, dishes, projects done it might take you a few weeks too.  But life is great and I am trying my hardest to soak everything up and take pictures at the same time so I can go back (like this) and get it down.  Without any more rambling...

I don't know about you but we LOVE frogs at our house.  Especially the baby frogs.  We have a lot of them so we go out a few times a week and look for them.  This day (a few weeks ago) Bunny was feeling EXTRA loving.  She wanted to hold it (typical)...


 And hug it... She would hold it very close and say "Mmm, mmm, mmm". 


She loves them!  So proud that it was staying in her hands!!!!  She was so excited!

But this day she also wanted to kiss the frog!  And believe me, after it jumped from her hands 20 times, it NEEDED a boo-boo kiss!  That poor thing went through it.  But I can't think of anyone else I would want to kiss me (if I were a frog, or a prince disguised as a frog) than this girl!  She absolutely loved this frog!  She wanted to take it in and feed it lunch. : )  So sweet, this girl!


On to this little Mama...

I have been meaning to post about this for some time now but just got the pictures.  Every day after lunch we go to Bunny's room to read books and play.  This has been our norm since Little Man began sitting up.  I would get a big teddy bear and a stuffed horse and surround LM just in case He lost his balance.  Well, He has gotten much more stable in the last few months and no longer needs them but that doesn't stop this little Mama.  EVERY day she finds both stuffed animals and puts them around him. 


 This is what she does...

It is so very sweet!  She tells me when He needs a burp cloth, she tells Him "No, no, no" when He is getting into something He shouldn't be in.  I don't have pictures but this week she was telling a friend's little boy to come down off of a ladder that is on a tree.  He might have been 6 inches off the ground.  She was so concerned about Him!  She is such the little Mama!

And she loves to share (sometimes) with Her brother.  Not always sure it is what LM wants.  Like these necklaces for instance...

She was so very proud of herself for putting the necklaces on LM.  He just looked at me like, "please Mom! Stop taking pictures and take them OFF of me!"


In my defense, He wasn't happy even after I took them off.  He was tired and hungry. 

We had some friends come down for a football game and brought their SWEET "baby, baby" (as Bunny called her because "baby" means little to her and our "baby", Little Man, is not so much little).  Miss R is the daughter of my very BEST roommate EVER!  She is 16 weeks old and PRECIOUS!!!!!  Bunny LOVED her!  Such a sweet picture that was taken by our babysitter.  Bunny loved Mrs. T and Mr. J too!  We all had so much fun hanging out with them and getting to know Miss R!  I absolutely loved just sitting and chatting with Mrs. T just like we used to do when we lived together!  I have MISSED that so much!  Mrs. T, come back VERY soon! 


One of the absolute best things lately has been watching Little Man getting around lately!  He is still just doing the army crawl thing but He is VERY good at it!  I love it because he is able to go get toys if he wants.  Yes, it is a bit harder because you have to watch Him a bit closer than when He was stationary but I am loving it!  This is what He chose the other day.  Mr. Potato Head parts...I looked down and this is what I saw...


Hilarious...

We were all almost feeling better!  Pausing for a snap shot...

I mentioned that both of the kids were teething.  Bunny still has a couple of morals to come in (fun!) and Little Man has a whole mouth full to look forward to.  : )  This week His second tooth broke through the gums on the bottom next to the first one.  You can kind of see it in this picture.  It is so funny when He smiles at me sometimes He looks like a little hillbilly with one tooth in his head.  : )  So VERY precious though!  I am going to miss His BIG gummy grin!



Well, after a week and a half of being away from school (a week b/c of our "disease" and another day because the school closed for the day) we were back at it yesterday.  Boy was Bunny excited to be going back!  She wanted to wear her backpack and all.  She turned around after I took this picture and lost her balance a bit.  So cute! 




That about covers everything lately!  I am so very thankful to be doing what I am doing.  No, it isn't all rosy or easy or fun sometimes but no matter what, I am so very thankful to get to see these two sweet kids do what they do every day.  They teach me more and more about myself every single day.  Happy Friday all!  

No comments:

Post a Comment