Thursday, February 17, 2011

Carter Update...

Well, I have not posted anything in a long while. We have had a lot going on in the past 7 or 8 months. I think all of you that read this know that we built a house. For a long time I was able to be a mommy to Bunny, help make decisions about the house and write on the blog. Then the fine details of the house began to come together and TONS of decisions had to be made. So, I had to stop blogging for a little while. during this time we decided to have another baby and not long after I was pregnant again. So...wow, talk about one full year. We have had one FULL year. Not only were we building a house, expecting baby "#2" and chasing our Bunny around but Daddy Dearest was also finishing up his MBA. Like I said...one full year! But just to give you a bit of an update...

We moved into our new house at the beginning of September. We have really, really enjoyed being in it. And now, 5 months later, we still talk about how much we are enjoying it! We worked really hard to try and make the house exactly what we wanted and we are loving being able to LIVE in what our dream was a year ago. It was hard work but definitely worth all the blood, sweat and tears. The tears were mostly mine. : )

Daddy did complete his MBA in December! I am so very proud of what he has accomplished. Especially while building a house and a family. I kept saying that we weren't going to have another baby until He was finished with school. And, well...we did that. Daddy finished up on December 12th and our sweet baby was due January 15th. Talk about cutting it close.

We found out in the midst of building our house and getting Daddy through another semester of school that I was going to have "#2". In August, right before moving in to our house we found out it was going to be a boy this time. We were all excited about this, especially Daddy. He needed some more testosterone in the house I think. I was excited because that meant I didn't have to get Daddy to repaint the room we gambled with and painted blue. : ) We had our sweet baby boy (I will have to come up with a name for him later as I rethink our blog page a bit) the day after Christmas. He was a few weeks early. He had a bit of a hard start as He had to stay in the hospital for a week with pnuemonia but is doing FABULOUS now!

Our sweet Bunny turned 2 last week and that has gotten me so desperate to remember all that she is doing/has done recently. So...I decided that I have GOT to start blogging again so I can remember all the cute things that these kids do. I kept a journal of big things that Bunny did her first year. I am doing the same with Baby boy. But as Bunny has gotten bigger and started to talk a bit more (just in the past month) I want to remember all these cute things! So...here I am again. It might just be short little stories but at least I will have something to look back on in the future and be able to remember.

I have also started posting several pictures that were taken over the past several months to have pictures to go with an update. It might be several posts of just pictures. If you aren't interested, no worries. It is more for me and family that don't get to see Bunny very often than anything else. But if you are interested, I absolutely love that you are. : )

Here's to getting back in the saddle.

1 comment: