Monday, June 14, 2010

Eeezz?

Bunny doesn't have a very big vocabulary right now. She says "Da-Da", "Ma-Ma-Ma-Ma-Ma-Ma-Ma" when she is upset or hungry, sometimes "Bye-Bye". I have been trying or months with different words but nothing has stuck as of yet. I always say "Please" and "Thank You" thinking that will click one day. This Saturday, we were cooling off in the pool and she would through a ball and want me to give it back to her repeatedly. Yes, my 16 month old daughter was having me play fetch. I thought this was a good opportunity to work on saying "please". So...I would ask her to say "please" before I would give the ball back to her. She did get to the point where she would say "eeezz". I was happy with that, I mean, you have to start somewhere, right? Well...later that night she was walking around our room and found a very interesting phone charger (which I have bought 3 of so far because she has put them in her mouth and shorted them out) plugged into the wall. Not wanting to purchase yet another phone charger I told her "No" a few times. She would look at me then back at the charger a second all while squatting looking at it inquisitively. She then turned back to me, turned her head and said, "Eeezz?". I couldn't help but laugh out loud.

3 comments:

  1. Casey,
    That is the cutest story. I cannot believe she is walking already! I hope your trip went well! I can't wait to see pictures. Take care:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious! She now knows how to say "please" and how to use it!

    ReplyDelete