Okay, so I know I haven't written much lately. So sorry for that. We haven't really had anything too exciting happening. Last you left us we were super excited about football season beginning. We have had a great time tailgating (rain or shine) since then. Auburn is doing very well so far and that has been so much fun to watch. Bunny has done FANTASTIC at every game! So much fun to watch her take it all in. She loves the shakers!!!
There is so much going on that she doesn't want to waste that precious time napping. So....she waits until she can't possibly keep her eyes open another second...
and she crashes hard. It is absolutely the MOST precious thing to hold her while she is sleeping. I don't care WHO says you shouldn't do it or they might get used to it or babies should be in their bed. I will not trade these times for anything in the world!
Hhhhhmmm. Anyway...as I was saying, she loves it and has done very well at the games as well as tailgating for 6 hours. Everyone around us in the stands already wants to fix her up with their son or grandson. But I think this Daddy's girl is going to have many, many years of not dating. Well, at least that is what Daddy says!
Since the last home game we have been keeping ourselves busy. Bunny and I decided that we were going to surprise Daddy and take him to the park. We all had a GREAT time! I think she absolutely loved it!! This has got to be one of my favorite pictures of them having a blast!
Then...since we didn't have a game this weekend and it happened to be my alma mater's Homecoming we made our way to UNA! I haven't been back in at least 6 years but haven't been to a game in 7 years. The P.O.D. (Pride of Dixie) Band has alumni members come back and perform at halftime. I just couldn't get over how crazy it was being around the same people that I was around SOOO much of the time just at a different time in our lives. The girls weren't chasing boys around anymore, they were chasing their KIDS around! So very great to see all girls that I danced with as well as friends from classes. It really took me back. Bunny did fantastic. Everyone that saw her at the game kept asking Daddy if she was always like this. Since she was like this at the game...
The answer is obviously no. BUT...we really couldn't have asked for her to behave any better. I went and did my thing at halftime. It was SO great to be back out on that field performing again. Not my BEST performance ever but it was so much fun! The next day we went to see the Lions (UNA's mascots) and to walk around campus before we left. We saw Leo the XX (I exaggerate but there have been a few Leo's before him).
And Una...
They were brother and sister cubs that found a home at UNA my last year. I had to show Daddy and Bunny the Lions.
It was so surreal being back on campus with my husband and child. I had spent 4 1/2 years there and walked those same sidewalks so long before I was blessed with either of them. It just made me so very happy!! I don't even know how to describe it.
Then again, maybe it was thankfulness that my life didn't turn out the way that I had planned for it to all those many years ago. Thankfulness that God REALLY IS looking out for me!
If it weren't for Him, I wouldn't have these two...
Who I am ABSOLUTELY CRAZY about!
We finally made it back home after several hours in the car. Bunny was so tired after sleeping most of the way in the car (Yeah, I know...it's a rough life that girl lives) that she began falling asleep while I was feeding her that night.
This was the first time she had done this. It was the funniest thing I have ever seen! She wanted each bite but she had to wake up to get it. Too cute.
So, that gets you up to date on the three of us. I do a better job in the future of writing. So sad. I have no excuse! Till then...
I'm with you sister...I still love holding TJ while he sleeps...and he is 4 1/2...and I'll do it until he won't let me anymore! I love that picture of Bunny & Daddy at the park...absolutely precious!
ReplyDeleteAshlee
I agree with Ashlee. You guys need to read "I'll love you forever." It always makes me cry! Sweet. Anyway, girl you do too have an excuse to go awhile when writing... it's called MOTHERHOOD!!! Glad you guys had a good trip.
ReplyDeleteI have read "I'll Love You Forever". I am with you Holly, I tear up every time I read it. I think I will do the sneaking in and holding them even when they are big enough to protest.
ReplyDeleteCasey, So glad you found me! I'm looking forward to following you!
ReplyDelete