Sunday, October 25, 2009

The Country Mouse and City Mouse

Here, is the face of one conserned, and confused little girl...


She was probably wondering a lot of things. The first of which was probably "Why in the world is Mommy even BOTHERING trying to take this picture on her own, she should know now that it NEVER works!". Practice makes perfect right? The second thought that probably went through her mind was "What is that smell?". So began our trip to the Pumpkin Patch last week. We began our trip by taking a hayride to the pumpkin patch and barn. Now, I have to tell you, I am old enough (that is the best way I could put it in order to make myself feel better) to have been to a pumpkin patch but alas, I have NEVER been. I was so excited that I...I mean Bunny was going to get to go!

I digress...We were kindly helped out of the hayride (such sweet little men that worked there) and were let loose on the pumpkin patch/petting barnyard. I have to tell you growing up in a small town and around horses, this "Country Mouse" felt at home in the barnyard, which was our first stop. Bunny on the other hand...not so much a country mouse. The first place we went was the barn to see the horses. This was the reaction from Bunny...


This "City Mouse" just looked at this sweet little pony like it was a big dog. Since we have a big dog, not as big as a pony but big to Bunny, she wasn't impressed. So...we move on...to the goats...

This was her ONLY reaction.

Then we go to the stall that has BUNNIES, which I just KNEW she would love. What isn't to love? They are small, fluffy and cute! Before I even sat her on the bail of hay she starts poking her bottom lip out and fighting the urge to cry. SUCH a girly girl already as a friend of mine would say. : ) This...was the best picture I got...
After I realize that she isn't diggin' the pettying barnyard I decide it is time to move on to the pumpkins. She was so excited as we walk around all these pumpkins that she just kicks her legs and tells me all about it as only an 8 month old can. We walk around and find the pumpkin we WOULD have taken home (long story) and just took a picture with it. Bunny was more interested in the grass beside her than the pumpkin that I...I mean SHE thought was perfect.




This Country Mouse walked around and told the City Mouse all about the pumpkins and what one did with pumpkins for Halloween and how we would get one and carve it and put it outside our door. I told her about how much fun it was to carve the pumpkin and roast the pumpkin seeds. Things that this sheltered girl didn't find out until COLLEGE because I NEVER carved a pumpkin until then. Again, I digress. Then a friend told us that there was a BIG pumpkin that we should see. So the City Mouse thought we should get a picture with it.



After the excitment wore off, the City Mouse was ready to climb back in her car seat and head back to the...well...city. But in order to do that the Country Mouse had a few more happy moments on the hayride with City Mouse and friends.
Lots of fun to be had by all...Country and City Mice alike. This Country Mouse felt right at home and hated to go but loved the drive back in the peace and quiet that you can only find when the City sleeps.

3 comments:

  1. She's definitely the CUTEST city mouse I've ever seen! Glad you mice had a good time in the country!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful "mice." We had a ball!
    So glad y'all got to come. Love you girls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Her expressions are just priceless!!! I cannot wait to see you guys at Christmas and get my hands on this lil darlin!!! :-) Keep those posts coming - you really have a knack for this, you know??? Love you!!! *hugs* Auntie Deb

    ReplyDelete