Thursday, September 10, 2009

Waaaarrrr Eagle!


Well...with football season upon us another year of tailgating kicks off. Saturday was the opening day of Auburn University's football season. During the spring Daddy Dearest and I wondered if we would be able to tailgate this year as we had in the past. We just didn't know what to expect from Bunny. Well the season was quickly upon us and we decided to see what happened.

Let me start by saying that tailgating, although it is for one day, takes days of preperation. I must admit that DD and I have always crashed other tailgate get-togethers and not contributed very much. Shameful but true. That being said the prep work began on Friday afternoon at 4 o'clock. 4 o'clock is the magic time that you can begin to park on campus and rope off places to tailgate, etc.. Bunny and I hope in the car to take the parking place that DD has been saving for us. We park and hop in the car with DD and go back home. We got up the next morning and dropped food, cooler, ect. off at our tailgate spot and came back home to get ready and for Bunny to nap. I think Bunny knew something was up. She didn't nap long. And we were off.

We live relatively close to campus and chose to stroll/walk to the game and then drive our car back after the game. I couldn't help but think last year when we were doing this, I was pregnant. I don't know which is harder, being pregnant and walking to the game with your long-legged husband or pushing Bunny at almost 17 lbs.. : )

We played and visited with friends, ate good food and played some more. Bunny was eating all of this up! Having a great time being passed around and then back to Mommy to get changed. Yes, I guess that is how it is. Everyone wants the baby until she is fussy or needs a diaper change. And since I am on "Diaper Duty" I gladly take those little moments to get a giggle out of her.


A good friend who is a photographer was there with her son who is 6 weeks older than Bunny. She took a picture of them together when Bunny was 1 month old in their carseats and He looked so much bigger than Bunny. Since we were together again and both of them were awake we decided we would get a picture of them next to each other again...He started crying, then she started crying after looking around with a poked out lip. I guess she thought there must be SOMETHING that she should be crying if He was.



I don't know...maybe she heard someone say "Roll Tide!". Just kidding, Just kidding!!!

Anyway...it was really so cute! Glad it was caught on camera!

We got to the game after a mad dash to find a ticket...FOR A 7 MONTH OLD! I mean...don't even get me started on THAT!

Yes, we got the ear phones to protect Bunny's ears. And here is what she looked like...



She was the CUTEST little thing EVER!!!! Everytime the crowd would start to cheer again and shake their shakers she would kick those little legs. I think she thought they were all cheering for her. It was Her own HUGE audience. We lasted to halftime. I think Daddy and I were more worn out than she was.

What a day! We had a great time! She did her first "Waaaaarrrr Eagle, HEY!". What an experience! Can't wait to next game. Hopefully it will be a great as this past week was.

2 comments:

  1. I just wanna eat that baby up in her auburn gear! What a cutie. Glad you guys had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that one of the outfits Mrs. Julie made for her? She is SO precious...I love the head band too!

    ReplyDelete