We decided to leave Emma (the first time I have left her over night) at Grandy and Papa's and we went to Atlanta! We had such an AMAZING time! Collin found a GREAT hotel and great place to eat and away we went! BUT, before we left Auburn we had to get ready, pack up and as I would find out later, wait for BEAUTIFUL flowers to be delivered. I walked outside to take my bag to the car and saw a van pulled up behind my husbands truck. Since our house is up for sale, I thought it was someone getting a flyer and didn't think anything of it until my SWEET husband walked around the back of the van holding a HUGE bouquet of roses!!! The most BEAUTIFUL bouquet I have EVER seen. There were 2 dozen roses of various colors! I was SOOOO surprised!!! We had decided to go away over night instead of giving gifts so this was completely unexpected.
He gave me four cards to open throughout the day. Each was marked with the exact time to open them. After the last was opened He said that He knew the "gift" to give on your first anniversary was paper. I guess the list in all of those date books/address books were wasted on me. After He mentioned it, I vaguely remembered it but I didn't even THINK about that. Note to self: print an "Anniversary Gift" list. It was just the sweetest thing that He did for me. Ever card had pictures of us or something that we did throughout the last year. A mutual, male friend of ours told me early on that Collin didn't have much "game" when it came to romance. So Bert, (oops! wink, wink) I think that after 3 1/2 years together and MANY, MANY of the sweetest things anyone has EVER done for me, I have to beg to differ with you! I think He does INDEED have "game".
What did I give my sweet husband you might ask. Well, being the thoughtful romantic I am, I decided that I would put together a picture book for our first year of marriage and give that to him. That has PAPER in it, right!!! I did it one afternoon, had it rushed to get here before we left to go to Atlanta. Well, I had it rushed alright. I received it on Friday afternoon. Which in any NORMAL person's world would be perfect. Pack it up and take it with you so you can give it to your SWEET Husband on your anniversary. No...not this girl. I looked at the pictures one more time and then put it away. Well, the next day (the second of a LONG three day golf tournament that Collin was in) I couldn't stand it any more!!!! I had to give it to him THAT NIGHT! I mean, I waited a WHOLE 24 HOURS!!!! So, not only was it early, it was TWO DAYS early, just because I couldn't wait any more!!! I don't understand why I can't wait. This isn't, by the way, the first time something like this has happend. Alas, He did like it but there is just something about the "PREgame" that isn't as great as the GAME!!!!!
I love the blog...so cute! And Thomas supposedly wasn't a romantic either...that was until he married me! I guess they just have to meet the right girl before it all comes out! Congrats on 1 year and Best Wishes on many more to come!
ReplyDeleteOkay, so taking any advice from Bert in the romance department is just flat out hilarious.
ReplyDeleteI think you did great with your posts! Keep 'em coming! Love you!!
And congrats on one year. How fun. Someone really special, who knew what they were doing and actually has "game" must have fixed you guys up. :-)