Friday, August 21, 2009

Makes me feel good...

I admit, I am one of those people that really enjoys to excercise. Okay, maybe not WHILE I am doing it so much, but afterwards, I really enjoy feeling good. When I worked I would get up and go to the gym at 6 and excercise before work. Now, at first I didn't enjoy getting up so early and doing it but it grew on me. Even when I was pregnant I would go and run, then work out at least four days a week. I say all of this to let you know that it REALLY DID make me FEEL good! That and it makes ME a better/heathier mom to get away for one hour and do something I like to do.

After I had Bunny and for several months following, I took a leave of absence from the gym. I let the fear of other germaphobic mothers scare me into not leaving Bunny in the nursery. In the past two months I have gotten back on the horse per se. It has taken some time to become a "regular" on Treadmill #3 from the left, but I have done it because it makes me FEEL good afterwards. Two weeks ago I was so proud of myself because I was back up to four times a week. But then something happened...

I haven't gone at all this week. And not because I don't want to go or because Bunny won't cooperate but because I have had so much fun this week!!! We had our anniversary trip, came back to a sweet baby that we missed, played together all day Wednesday, got shots and made all the pain go away on Thursday and visited with some wonderful new/old friends today and have had so much fun doing it! I have had too many days recently that the only fun I had was hitting Treadmill #3 from the left. I am not saying that I am miserable every day, just don't have too much going on is all. I have enjoyed all this FUN immensely!!!

Next week I might look forward to putting on a tanktop, rolling those Soffe shorts down (just kidding, that is what the "teenieboppers" do to make their shorts shorter) and lacing up the New Balance tennis shoes and hitting Treadmill #3 from the left but for right now I am going to bask in the fact that the ONLY reason I didn't make it to the gym this week is because I was having SO much fun and THAT was what made me feel good!

2 comments:

  1. See that's my problem.... a box of Krispy Kream is what makes ME feel good. So that's why I don't look like you!! :-) I'm so glad y'all got to come yesterday. We had so much fun. And, I love watching Bunny "swim." She's such a sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is SO nice for a mommy to get some play time too! It is much needed and you always feel better as a person and a mommy!
    Ashlee

    ReplyDelete