Monday, April 4, 2011

1...2...3

  I am counting the number of months we have had our Little Man with us!  I say it every month with BOTH of our kids that "I can't believe it has been a month already!".  I don't know if it is just going by faster or if it is the fact that I have two now to keep me so busy but I feel like time is going by even faster with Little Man! 

Although I haven't posted his picture and stats every month I have had them.  But since I am still playing catch up...I am just getting around to posting.  So...I thought I would post these first few months all together.  These "weigh ins" are all a week off of the 26th of each month. Since I am a bit anal and want to measure/weigh Him ON the 26th.  I know, I know, crazy huh?  But I am, who I am.  ANYWAY...Since He was late getting shots (because of being treated for pneumonia) we have to wait a week past the 26th every month to get an exact weight check.  AND since we only (hopefully) go on even months to the doctor then the other months will be measured/weighed at home.  

To keep some perspective, Little Man started out weighing 6 pounds, 3 ounces and measured 20 inches long.  The lowest he was down to was 5 pounds, 14 ounces.  He was exactly 6 pounds the day we brought Him home. 

Little Man, 1 month old...

Weighed 8 pounds, 9 ounces at 5 weeks old.
He measured 21 3/4 inches long.
He was in the 25th percentile for both weight and length. 

At this stage I was still trying to figure Him out.  I tried to nurse him for the first few weeks.  He would drink for a minute and get the milk too fast and then scream because he had gas.  This would last an hour and a half at least.  Then he would go to sleep and sleep for 2 MAYBE 3 hours and we would start the whole process over again.  I would be in tears, He would be in tears.  And that is when I decided to just pump and give him the milk with a bottle.  I didn't WANT to do this but it was best for my sanity.  He was also given Zantac at His one month check up for reflux.  Other than that, He was doing WONDERFULLY!  No complications or lasting effects of pneumonia.

Here are a couple of shots of him with one of his lambs for his one month picture...



His skinny little legs...
 
A little bit of a smile for the camera...





Little Man, 2 months old...

Weighed 11 pounds, 10 ounces.
Measured 22 1/2 inches long.
He had moved up to "about" 50th percentile.

What a growing boy!  His look changed so much in a month, much less since He was born.  He still wasn't sleeping more than 3 hours at this point.  Side note...Bunny began sleeping through the night at 6 weeks.  So this was a new thing for me.  He began smiling a bit this month but not a ton.  He has more rolls (which I LOVE) in his legs and arms.  If I squeezed Him as much as I want to it would probably hurt him.  He is just so SQUISHY!!!!

These pictures were taken the day He had 4 shots!  He did great!  I on the other hand needed a drink afterwards.  I had completely prepared myself for HIS shots.  What I didn't expect was for Bunny to have to get a shot as well!  I thought those were over for a while and then they went and changed one vaccine to include more strands so she had to get the updated shot.  She cried horribly this time because she is more aware of what is going on.  I calmed her down and dried her tears before Little Man had his shots.  She got big tears in her eyes again when she realized that the nurse gave him shots too.  It was more than I could handle.  I have to say that I remember Bunny crying after shots at this age.  But she would cry for a few minutes and be done and would move on.  Little Man on the other hand cried for a while longer, calm down a little then cry and scream again.  That is just funny to me.  Will it always be that way?

Little Man gets this look on His face before He smiles.  This is it.  It's like he has to think about it very hard to do it.  So cute!!!  I know it may not look like much to any one reading this but I can tell.  Of course I wasn't able to CATCH the smile afterwards because it is SO fast and my phone is NOT. 




I mean...don't you just want to SQUEEZE those cheeks!!!?!!!



Little Man, 3 months old...
This months weight is not exact.  We don't own a scale that measures ounces. 
Weighs 14 pounds!
Measured 23 1/2 inches.
He is 13 weeks old this week.  In the past month I feel like we have gotten into somewhat of a groove.  He began (I almost hate to type it for fear of Him reverting) sleeping through the night (for the most part, there have been a few nights that He was up at 3 a.m.) at 10 weeks old.  I use the phrase "sleeping through the night" loosely.  He goes to sleep around 9:30 or 10 and is up at 5 or 5:30 which is DEFINITELY doable.  But when the sun isn't up yet, it is hard for to type "through the night".   I began giving him a formula bottle right before bed which has helped tremendously.  Is that cheating?  I don't know.  All I do know is that I am getting more sleep and this is a much happier Mama when she has sleep.  : )

He is smiling and "talking" a lot these days.  He just started His cooing in the last week.  We have great conversation during "our time" in the mornings.  He is such a SWEET, sweet baby!  He definitely still likes being held.  We spoiled Him while He was in the hospital.  Who could blame us!?! 




Here He is with Bunny!  I think she got a little jealous that we were taking His picture without her in it. 




And there we have it.  What a roller coaster it has been the past three months!  We are all having a great time with our sweet Little Man though. 

1 comment:

  1. WOW, he's grown a ton since I last saw him! How sweet. I am so glad that he is sleeping better for you guys! And, yes...it is amazing how different siblings can be. Thomas and Tristan are completely different!

    ReplyDelete