After getting Bunny's FIRST birthday party plans squared away, I got the great idea of planning a surprise birthday party for DD. I should probably tell you that DD is always reminding me that I am HORRIBLE at actually surprising him. I have to admit that I get so excited about the surprise OR something comes up so I HAVE to mention it. Anyway...THIS time I was determined to pull it off.
The Plan...to get Daddy Dearest to a local restaurant where friends and family were waiting to surprise him. You might notice there are several kids in the picture below but Bunny is missing. Yes, that was one of the last minute "kinks" that DD threw my way the day before. He had asked his Mom (who was going to be at the party) to babysit that night. I had to find a sitter at the last minute instead of bringing her with us as I had planned. After all, I was GOING to pull this surprise off!!!! So, "kink" number one...UN-kinked.
We left our special place (the restaurant we went to first) in time to make it to the party place just a few minutes late. Perfect planning! As we pulled into the parking lot Daddy Dearest made a comment that it was a "surprise party" for us. I just FROZE and tried to brush the comment off. Turns out that he was just joking that his friend that we were to meet had planned us a party. We walked into the back area and DD was BLOWN AWAY that there were so many of our friends and family there! SURPRISE!!!!!!!! I looked at him and said..."THAT, is how you do a surprise!". Here are a few of the guys celebrating our big birthday!!!!
Well, I have learned a TON in the past 30 years. A lot of everyday knowledge but a lot about myself as well. I am so very thankful for the ups as well as the downs. The past 30 years experiences have made me the person I am today. I look forward to the next 30 years and getting to know myself, friends and family even better.
We are 30! I can't BELIEVE it!!!!! I don't FEEL 30 though. And you are only as old as you FEEL, right? Well, a few days time would make me reconsider this statement. More to come...
No comments:
Post a Comment