Here it is after the transformation...
She was so excited that she could get in and out of her bed on her own. She was such a great helper during the process too!
I wondered what she would do when we weren't in the room at night or during nap time. I was honestly amazed that despite having a bit of freedom now, I found her like this...
for many nights. Nothing having changed...or so it seemed. I began watching her on the monitor (yes, I still have a video monitor in her room and I am thinking about keeping it there until she turns 30) and what had tons of comic relief! She would get down from her bed and get books or toys and get back in bed and play with them for a little while.
As I do most nights, I go back into her room before I go to sleep to cover her up again. I have found her many times with a small toy like this...
in her hands that she had fallen asleep holding.
And then there's Nap Time...
There are some days that she is exhausted. Those days, she goes right to sleep. But on the days she isn't worn out she PLAYS!!!! This is the time I love to watch her most! She will get book after book (I have found as many as 14 books in this girl's bed) and "read" them and show her bunny the pictures and jabber about them. She will get a scrap piece of cloth and cover up her bunny or other stuffed animals and talk to them and say "nigh, nigh" and kiss them. It is so very funny!!! Then there are days that she wants EVERYTHING that she can POSSIBLY pick up, IN the bed with her.
I walked into her room after nap time one afternoon and this is what I saw...
There was hardly any room for HER in the bed for all the stuffed animals that she had worked so hard to get in the bed with her.
She was smashed into the back of the bed as happy as a lark because all of her friends were with her!
This is a picture of where all the stuffed animal friends are normally sitting. On her window seat...
After taking the picture above, I looked back at her and caught this picture as she was saying "Wed dego?"
There have been MANY, MANY times that I have found her bed like this....
With her running back to the bed with yet ANOTHER book.
And then I have found her like this...
Not sure if you can tell or not but the girl has purple crayon all around her mouth. I found a bazillion tiny purple crayon pieces in her bed and outside of her bed. She had chewed it like t pencil sharpener. And I am SURE ate some in the process. I wish I had been watching the monitor during this one. I bet it was quite funny!
I found her one night, recently like this...
She had fallen asleep trying to put a pair of shorts on (that had been in the floor of her room) over her pajama shorts with both legs going through one leg. Wish I had seen this one too. Did she struggle to get them pulled up only to give up and zonk out in an instant? That would have been cute to see.
She is such a good girl that I THINK she thinks she isn't supposed to get out of the bed so she hurries back to the bed if I ever walk in the room while she is out of it. And then sometimes I think she just can't decide if she wants in or out so she falls asleep thinking about it like this...
I love it! So cute to watch. You NEVER KNOW what you will see when you walk into her room.
This is hilarious! I LOVE the picture of her 1/2 in a pair of shorts...too funny! And, all of those stuffed animals and books in her bed...precious! Enjoy that sweet little girl!
ReplyDelete