Thursday, January 7, 2010

Technical difficulties and progression

Due to some technical difficulties with our computer I have not been able to post pictures of Christmas. And since I would like to post pictures AND write about Christmas I will wait until I am able to do both. Hopefully it will be sometime this month. So, more on Christmas soon but until then I will give you an update on things going on with the us.

We began building our house last month! YEA!!! So exciting but SO many choices and decisions to make! Very overwhelming, but all worth it. We should have our foundation complete by the end of next week! Super exciting!!! No kidding, I have had dreams about doors and windows a lot lately! Sad, I know.

Bunny is doing great! It is hard to believe that she will be One year old in February! Time really has flown! She is still absolutely loving her walker. She just cruises around as best she can in a townhome. She has really learned to manuever it well due to the winding hallway! She likes to take my kitchen towel that I hang from the oven handle and cruise around with it. The other day I watched as she put the towel over here head and took off in the walker. She was having a good 'ol time not having a clue where she was going! It was so cute!
Bunny loves to get around but not enough to learn to crawl. Yeah, you read that right, she is almost a year old and she still isn't crawling. She has been trying some new moves while on her stomach but no crawling as of yet. I'm sure it will be any day. That is also what I said when she began sitting up on her own. I went THAT week and bought some baby proofing items for our home because I just KNEW she would be crawling "any day". Oh the things you learn as a new parent. : ) I wouldn't trade it for the world though!
Bunny's lack of interest in crawling has led me to think about progress in all areas in my own life. As I do every year at resolution time I vow that THIS year I will learn more, and grow more in my faith. After making that resolution yet again this year I began thinking how often I say to those that ask, "no, Bunny still isn't crawling". Then I think how often I am in the same boat when it comes to my daily walk with God. I am sure he looks down shaking his head and thinks, "She still isn't even crawling". I am reminded all the time of Hebrews 5:12. Paraphrased it says "by this time you should be teaching but you still need others to teach you. You still require milk". Like Bunny I do want to progress. Maybe it is the growing pains that it takes to progress or my stubbornness. Whatever it is, I will continue to try, and try again if I don't succeed. I believe I am in good company. Thank goodness we have each other to help us along the way. I am so very thankful for that. I am also thankful that God never gives up on me or anyone else in this boat, no matter how slow the progression. With that being said, here is to a year of growth and progression! As a Christian, as a Wife, as a Mother, as a Friend. Baby steps. I am sure that "ANY DAY" I will be crawling.

1 comment: