Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Shmorgishborg...

Just Playing...

Well, a lot and nothing at all has been going on since the last time I wrote. Bunny has been playing the day away as she normally does. Here we are in her room...


I will spare you the actual footage but right after I took this picture I decided to take a video of her playing and "talking". She chose that exact moment to do a "job" for me. : ) I don't know why it is but I have wanted to catch that "work" on video and finally got the chance. It is just the funniest thing though!!!

These legs are made for walkin...

Bunny's new favorite thing to do is to hold our fingers and walk! Nope, STILL not crawling but I will get to that later. She loves to hold onto our fingers and let us pull her up to stand. She has been doing that for a while but one day she just started taking a step after I did that. HOW does she know what to do!?! It was the most amazing thing!! It was like a light bulb came on and she just KNEW what those legs were made to do. Here she is with Daddy Dearest walking up and down the hallway...

She is so funny when she walks. I feel like saying "Mother may I?". I feel as if I am playing Mother May I because those new legs are still learning what a step is. Sometimes she will take HUGE steps like the one below.

Sometimes she will take "baby" steps as you might guess and sometimes she will take "scissor" steps. Lately she will pick her leg up and fling it out and down just like a soldier. Too cute!

Too cute NOT to put on here...

Teething...

Yes, Bunny is officially teething. One of her front, bottom teeth has broken through the skin and the other is on its way. I think I have tried for two weeks to get a picture of this tooth to no avail. This is the best one I have gotten and you can barely see that little tooth.

I know some of you guys out there think that Bunny doesn't cry. I can't tell you how many times I have heard "I have never heard her cry". I am here to set the record straight! She does INDEED cry! More so now that she is teething than before. I do have to say that I found the tooth as a result of a HUGE fit she threw and was NOT like her. I do see where people might think she doesn't cry because she is a FANTASTIC baby that has spoiled me rotten I have a feeling, BUT she does cry! I have thought many times about having a complete post of pictures and video of her crying. One day...

STILL not crawling...

Yes, Bunny just might skip the crawling stage. She does not like to be on her stomach at all. She will reach for toys and eventually end up on her stomach but she has yet to figure out how to pull those knees under herself. Bunny looks as if she is practicing sky diving as the picture below shows.

This is what she has done for MONTHS when she gets on her stomach. She has been rolling over for months now but will stay like this for a while. It is the funniest thing. Her new thing is to roll over and begin fussing until one of us sits her back up. I know, what you are saying or thinking...I just need to let her cry and figure it out. And I have tried. The crying gets to me though. I have even tried putting her on her stomach while I am in the shower or blowing my hair dry. That has been the best approach for me. Bunny is such a good baby though that she either finds something else to do in the position she has found herself in or she gives up...


I mean, could you watch your child just get so exhausted and frustrated that she just lays her head down and looks pitiful!?! I know, I have a lot to learn about this parenting thing but for right now...this is will just have to work. I'm not trying to rush her crawling or push her to because I am well aware that crawling brings on a whole new set of issues for ME. It certainly beats walking up and down the hallway for hours a day hunched over. So, no crawling, sitting herself up or pulling up right now but I will keep you posted.

Thanksgiving...

We had a busy Thanksgiving time (we spread it out over a couple of days) this year. We had Thanksgiving lunch with my family on Thursday. And Thanksgiving with Daddy Dearest's family on Saturday. Bunny did her walking thing most of the time at both places. I was so thankful for family to trade off with to save my back a little pain.




The Iron Bowl...
The day after Thanksgiving was the great Iron bowl game. Our last game of the season and we were there all day getting our last tailgating in until next year. Bunny's Grandy made her so many ADORABLE Orange and Blue outfits this year that we had a whole week of orange and blue flair! This was the newest little outfit...


She was such a trooper ALL day! Here we are posing one more time at the tailgate! What a great football season it has been!!!

We decided to take Bunny to her first Iron Bowl game. Here she is with Daddy ready to sneak in the gate. Yeah, you read that correctly. I'm not going to get on my soap box here but she is supposed to have a ticket. Ridiculous!!! With these two attached it was successful!


I don't know how but she fell asleep during the first half of the game despite so many fans ROARING, Daddy and I included. Poor thing was surrounded by Alabama fans too! She did great though. It was the first game that she made it all the way through! What a game it was too! There is NOTHING like it anywhere else! WAR EAGLE anyway!

Well, there you have it...your Shepard's Pie of Diaper Duty! I will do better about updating next week! I pass by the computer enough on all of our walking up and down the hall. I will have to just type a little every time I pass the computer! Hope you all had a fantastic Thanksgiving! We are REALLY looking forward to Christmas!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Bunny would make an excellent sky diver...look at that form! Don't worry about the crawling thing...TJ just wanted to walk to and ended up crawling only to pull himself up to walk! Have loved seeing all of the precious AU outfits this season!

    ReplyDelete